Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I've come across this poem on a bunch of other adoption websites and I wanted to post it here, too. It will be something I'll share with Gracie when she's old enough to understand the meaning of adoption.

THE GIFT OF LIFE

I didn'’t give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real as if it had been so.
For us to have each other is
Like a dream come true.
No, I did not give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.
-author unknown-

I've spent the last few nights shopping for baby stuff. What I really should be doing is making a packing list and figuring out what needs to be done before we travel. But shopping is so much more fun!

I'll post pictures of Gracie's room after this weekend. It's almost done - just need to hang things on the wall and move her dresser in.

No comments: