Monday, July 13, 2009


Reunion Recap

You know when you come home from church camp and you feel high on life from the fellowship and spirit that permeates the camp? You know that feeling? When you can't wait to get home and share that feeling with everyone around you. When you have an epiphany moment and you feel all is right with the world and you're right where you belong? Do you remember that feeling? That "you against the world, with God on your side" feeling? That feeling where you want to keep singing church songs and avoid saying goodbye to the people and the place that just contributed so much joy to one weekend or week in your life?

Yeah, that's kind of how I'm feeling. It wasn't exactly church camp. But I felt blessed. I felt the hand of God in everything we did. I felt the holy spirit bringing people from far and near to celebrate the joy of 10 little girls and their families. It was a great weekend. Full of talking, laughter, good food, great friends and fun. It was a weekend I'll never forget and one I hope happens again in our future.

In case you're reading this and you don't know what I'm talking about, we spent the weekend with 9 other families that traveled to China with us and adopted a daughter at the same time. 9 families from as far away as California came together to celebrate the joy of adoption and family. It was an awesome weekend. 

Thank you to all my friends that traveled to St. Louis for our reunion. You made it so special. I haven't scrapbooked in a long time, but this weekend is definitely going down in some kind of memory book. It's just too good not to share. 

1 comment:

A day in the life of the little sister from China. said...

Very well said Chris! Thats exactly how it felt. It was great. Thanks for everything.