Thursday, September 21, 2006


This is Grace's name in Chinese. Isn't it beautiful? Can you imagine how long it must take to write a letter in Chinese?

Yippee - travel approval has arrived! Our still tentative travel date is October 26. It's a pretty sure date but not set in stone. It depends on a response from the American Consulate in Guangzhou. Our coordinators have requested appointments at the AC on November 8 or 9. If they approve one of those days, we'll travel October 26 and pick up Grace on October 30! It will be an easy "Gotcha Day" to remember - the day before Halloween. What a fun day to celebrate. We'll get to have Halloween in China. I'm sure it will be my most memorable Halloween yet! (Although thanks to Mom I'll always remember the year I wore a Devil costume (not a princess, or a butterfly, but a DEVIL)! I guess I was trying to keep up with my big brother! Life has been berry, berry good to me. (A little SNL humor blast from the past!)

No comments: