Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Where's the poop?

I know it's a strange title. But right now, that's the big question. Poop is a real milestone and so far, we haven't seen any. I've never been so anxious to change a poopy diaper. Poor little Grace has been eating like a champ but it's not going anywhere. Sorry if this is TMI, but it's really an important topic of conversation. It seems the rest of the group has seen poop and their babies are all quiet and content. Gracie is fussy and uncomfortable. Steve fed her a whole bunch of prunes so we're waiting for them to work their magic. I'll keep you posted.

Today we visited a museum in Wuhan. They have a set of bronze bells that are thousands of years old. Grace was fussing, so I'm not sure how many thousands of years, but they are older than Christ. They were amazing. They had a bunch of bronze relics that were so detailed. One particular urn was so unique that only in the past year have they been able to figure out how to replicate it. The bronze work is so intricate and delicate - not an easy thing to do.

I think we were the biggest attraction at the museum. A large group of young Chinese girls followed us around the whole time and some wanted to take our pictures. I think they were most interested in our guide. He's a very cute young man. I love listening to him speak English. I want to repeat everything he says because his accent cracks me up.

I keep seeing Chinese people who look like people I know back home. It really is funny. It makes me feel more at home.

There's a park across from our hotel with a number of sculptures made out of flowers. The whole park is decorated with beautiful flowers. There's some kind of artist meeting here.

One unrelated bit of info, on the breakfast buffet this morning there was some pig stomach in chili oil. It sounded really good but I was already full. They also had preserved duck feet on the lunch buffet yesterday. Oh, and they have snake and turtle soup on the menu.

We ventured into the grocery store yesterday and saw quite an array of different foods. All their meat is just out in the open, not packaged up. They even had meat hanging out in the aisle. I hope I'm not repeating myself. I can't see our blog, so I'm not sure what I've already posted.

Hopefully I'll be able to post another picture soon. That's all for now, our angel is napping and I'm praying that the prunes kick into high gear soon!

No comments: