Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nap Time Schmap Time
Gracie has decided that she should not, could not, would not take a nap in her bed, on the couch, in her room or with a mouse. She'll take a very short nap in the morning around 10 a.m. Then, when she should be taking an afternoon nap, she does everything in her little tiny girl power to delay her nap. And some of you may be thinking "maybe she doesn't need a stinkin' nap". But if she doesn't get her nap then she's ready for bed at 5:30 and before you know it, she's back on China time. And believe me, we're not going back any time soon!

Grace went out for her first luncheon today and guess where we went? The Ritz. Only the best for my girl. She had some crab and lobster penne with steak au poivre and garlic mashed potatoes (she didn't really eat the steak). She especially liked the fresh cantaloupe and cheesecake. Actually, Steve's boss treated us to a delicious lunch. The Ritz isn't really one of our usual hangouts - at least now that we have Grace. LOL

Our little angel has slept through the last two nights from 7:30 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. Of course I'm not getting any sleep because I keep waking up wondering why she's not waking up. I usually have to get up and verify that all her body functions are still in working order.

I promise to post more pictures soon. We're keeping so busy I keep forgetting to download the camera.

Shout out to Tiffany who got a SUPER DEE DUPER report card! What a great example to set for your little sister! Grace is sure lucky to have a sweet AND smart big sis.

Thanks for all the comments. I read them all and really appreciate them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris! I just figured out how to leave a comment! Wish I figured it out sooner. I have been keeping up with your blog and it was really been fun. Can't wait to meet Gracie! Love the photos.

Anonymous said...

I am writing again because I don't know if my comment went through. I thought I had it figured out. Anyway, I just wanted you to know I have been keeping up with your blog and am excited to meet Gracie. Makes me want to get married and then adopt... giving birth sounds too aweful : )
Love all your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
Sounds like Gracie is liking her new home. Mollie is sleeping through the night also, but nap time is still not on schedule. Do you have a monitor? If not, it really is wonderful, because I hear Mollie cry and I'm able to sleep. I know what you mean about checking several times a night. Hope things are going well for you. Connie